Full Name: Joseph Robinette Biden Jr.
Profession: 46th US President, Vice President and Senator
Political Party: Democratic
Why Famous: Current US President, who won election with a record 81 million popular votes, becoming the oldest sitting president.
Prior to assuming the presidency, Joe Biden served two terms as the 47th Vice President of the United States under Barack Obama.
A member of the Democratic Party, Biden was a United States Senator from Delaware between 1973 and 2009, until his election to the Vice Presidency.
In April 2019, Biden officially announced he was running to be the Democratic nominee for the President of the United States, his third presidential campaign and the first time he won nomination.
In November 2020 he defeated sitting US President Donald Trump by 306 election votes to 232, winning the popular vote by more than 7 million votes.
- 1966-08-27 American law student, and future politician, Joe Biden of Delaware (21) weds fellow Syracuse University student, and future teacher, Neilia Hunter (22) of Skaneateles, New York, at a Catholic church in Skaneateles
- 1977-06-17 US Senator Joe Biden of Delaware (34) weds teacher Jill Jacobs (26) at the Chapel at the United Nations in New York City
- 1972-11-07 Attorney Joe Biden is elected to the US Senate, representing the state of Delaware after defeating longtime incumbent J.Caleb Boggs by just over 3,000 votes; Biden would win re-election 6 times
- 2009-01-20 Joe Biden assumes the office of the Vice President of the United States
- 2015-09-22 Pope Francis greeted by President Obama and Vice President Biden as he arrives at Joint Base Andrews, Maryland, for his 6 day tour of the US
- 2015-10-20 US Vice President Joe Biden confirms he will not run for President in2016
- 2017-01-12 US President Barack Obama in surprise presentation awards Vice President Joe Biden with the Presidential Medal of Freedom
- 2019-03-29 Joe Biden accused of an inappropriate kiss by fellow Democrat Lucy Flores
- 2019-04-25 Former US Vice President Joe Biden announces his campaign for president via video
- 2019-09-22 US President Donald Trump admits he spoke to Ukrainian President about Joe Biden's son, after news a US intelligence officer made an official complaint about the call
- 2019-10-22 Top US diplomat in Ukraine, Bill Taylor, testifies President Donald Trump tied aid to Ukraine to demands the country open an investigation into the Biden family
- 2020-03-02 Amy Klobuchar drops out of the US Democratic presidential race and endorses Joe Biden
- 2020-03-03 Super Tuesday: Biggest voting day for Democrats selecting their presidential candidate revives Joe Biden's campaign, he wins nine states, while Bernie Sanders wins four including California
- 2020-04-13 Bernie Sanders endorses former rival Joe Biden for president
- 2020-04-14 Former President Barack Obama endorses his former Vice President Joe Biden for president
- 2020-08-11 US Democratic candidate for President Joe Biden announces California Senator Kemala Harris is his running mate, the 1st woman of color selected by a major party
- 2020-08-18 Joe Biden is formally nominated as the Democratic party's presidential candidate during the second night of their 1st ever virtual convention
- 2020-09-15 Scientific American issues its 1st ever presidential endorsement in 175 years by backing Joe Biden
- 2020-09-29 First debate between US Presidential candidates Donald Trump and Joe Biden held, widely criticized as chaotic and ill-tempered
- 2020-11-07 Former Vice-President Joe Biden declared the winner of the US Presidential race, four days after the US election, defeating sitting President Donald Trump
- 2020-11-12 US President-elect Joe Biden announces Ron Klain will be his White House Chief of Staff
- 2020-11-15 US President Donald Trump tweets [Biden] "won because the election was rigged,” while still refusing to concede the election
- 2020-11-23 US President-elect Joe Biden introduces his new cabinet including Alejandro Mayorkas 1st Latino head of homeland security, Avril Haines 1st female director of national intelligence
- 2020-11-24 Dow Jones Industrial Average closes above 30,000 points for the first time, after formal transition to Joe Biden administration begins
- 2020-11-24 US General Services Administration officially begins Joe Biden's transition, declaring him the "apparent winner" although Donald Trump vows to continue challenging the result
- 2020-11-28 Joe Biden injures his foot playing with his dog Major
- 2020-11-29 Joe Biden and Kamala Harris announce the first all-female Communications team for the White House
- 2020-11-30 Joe Biden announces he is nominating Janet Yellen for US treasury secretary
- 2020-12-11 US Supreme Court rejects lawsuit by Texas to overturn Jo Biden's election in four battleground states, endorsed by 17 Republican attorney generals
- 2020-12-14 US Electoral College votes 306-232 to officially affirm Joe Biden's presidential election victory
- 2020-12-21 US President-elect Joe Biden receives the Pfizer/BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine live on TV
- 2021-01-06 Supporters of President Donald Trump storm US Capitol in Washington during congressional certification of Joe Biden and Kamala Harris's win, resulting in five deaths and prompting evacuation of lawmakers and vice-president Mike Pence
- 2021-01-07 US Congress completes the ceremonial certification of Joe Biden's presidential victory late in the night after an earlier unprecedented breach of the Capitol by Trump supporters
- 2021-01-14 US Secret Service takes control of Joe Biden's inauguration as 20,000 troops authorized to guard Washington D.C., more than those stationed in Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria and Somali
- 2021-01-20 Joe Biden is inaugurated as the 46th President of the United States of America and Kamala Harris as the 49th Vice President, the first female, black or south Asian Vice President. Amanda Gorman recites "The Hill We Climb".
- 2021-01-20 US President Joe Biden signs 15 executive orders on his first day in office to re-join the WHO, the Paris Climate Agreement, revoking the Keystone XL Pipeline and mandating masks on federal properties
- 2021-02-03 US President Joe Biden signs executive orders to reunite immigrant families, setting up a new taskforce to address around 1000 remaining separated families
- 2021-02-04 US President Joe Biden announces an end to US support for the Saudi-led offensive in Yemen's civil war
- 2021-02-11 US President Joe Biden rescinds the national emergency order used by Donald Trump to fund the border wall with Mexico
- 2021-02-20 US President Joe Biden declares a major disaster in Texas as state struggles to cope with aftermath of a crippling winter storm
- 2021-02-22 US President Joe Biden and vice-president Kamala Harris hold a candle-lighting ceremony to mark the 500,000 COVID-19 deaths outside the White House "We must not grow numb to the sorrow"
- 2021-03-03 US President Joe Biden criticizes lifting of COVID-19 restrictions by Texas and Mississippi as "Neanderthal thinking"
- 2021-03-18 US President Joe Biden agrees Russian President Vladimir Putin is a "killer" in ABC News interview. Putin responds "It takes one to know one" a day later.
- 2021-03-25 US President Joe Biden announces a new goal of 200 million vaccinations in his administration's first 100 days (previously 100 million)
- 2021-03-25 Republican-led Georgia Senate passes restrictive changes to state voting. President Joe Biden calls it "Jim Crow in the 21st Century" and "a blatant attack on the Constitution".
- 2021-03-31 US President Joe Biden overturns Trump's restrictions on transgender people serving in the armed forces
- 2021-03-31 US President Joe Biden unveils " the American Jobs Plan" one of the largest infrastructure plans in US history- worth $2 trillion called
- 2021-04-08 US President Joe Biden says "Gun violence in this country is an epidemic" as he unveils package of executive actions including restrictions on "ghost guns"
- 2021-04-14 US President Biden says "It's time to end America's longest war" confirming his decision to withdraw all US troops from Afghanistan by Sept 11
- 2021-04-22 US President Joe Biden pledges to cut US carbon emissions by 50-52% below 2005 levels by 2030 at a virtual climate summit
- 2021-04-24 Joe Biden becomes the first US President to officially recognize killing of Armenians in the Ottoman empire during WWII as 'genocide'
- 2021-04-28 US President Joe Biden makes a major speech to a joint session of Congress calling for a new era of government spending
- 2021-05-04 US President Joe Biden announces new goal of 160 million people, nearly of 70% of adults, vaccinated by July 4
- 2021-05-05 US President Joe Biden announces the US will support temporarily lifting patent protection on COVID-19 vaccines with the WHO
- 2021-05-11 First major US offshore windfarm off the coast of Massachusetts approved by Biden administration
- 2021-05-26 President Joe Biden orders US intelligence services to intensify their efforts to investigate the origins of COVID-19
- 2021-05-27 US President Joe Biden calls for a ceasefire in the Tigray conflict, north Ethiopia, citing killings and "widespread sexual violence" as a weapon of war
- 2021-06-01 US President Joe Biden's administration suspends oil and gas leases in Alaska's Arctic National Wildlife Refuge, reversing Donald Trump's decision
- 2021-06-01 US President Joe Biden visits Tulsa, Oklahoma, marking 100 year anniversary of racial massacre in the Greenwood neighborhood
- 2021-06-09 US President Joe Biden begins his first foreign trip, arriving in the UK to attend a G7 summit
- 2021-06-13 US President Joe Biden has tea with Queen Elizabeth II at Windsor Castle
- Biden announces efforts to reunite migrant families separated by Trump administration - The Washington Post
- Biden Calls for Broad Spending, Pressing Congress to Turn ‘Peril Into Possibility’ - NY Times
- Joe's Story - Joebiden.com