Biography: Joe Cocker found success with his 1968 cover of The Beatles song "With a Little Help from My Friends", which he sung at Woodstock in 1969 and became a soul anthem.
Other famous numbers sung in his typical gritty delivery include "You Are So Beautiful" (1974) and "Up Where We Belong", with Jennifer Warnes, for which he received a Grammy for in 1983 for the film " An Officer and a Gentleman".
- 1987-10-11 British rock and blues singer Joe Cocker (43) weds Pam Baker
- 1968-11-09 Joe Cocker's version of The Beatles song "With A Little Help From My Friends" becomes No. 1 single in the UK
- 1969-06-27 Denver Pop Festival opens; 50,000 attend; Frank Zappa, Creedence Clearwater Revival, and Jimi Hendrix headline; other performers include Three Dog Night, Tim Buckley, Big Mama Thornton, Johnny Winter, Joe Cocker, and Poco
- 1969-07-04 140,000 attend 2-day Atlanta Pop Festival in Byron, Georgia; performers include: Janis Joplin; Blood, Sweat & Tears; Chicago; Led Zeppelin; Delaney and Bonnie; Creedence Clearwater Revival, Canned Heat; Joe Cocker; Chuck Berry; Spirit; and Johnny Winter
- 1969-08-01 3-day Atlantic City Pop Festival opens at the Atlantic City Race Course in Hamilton Township, New Jersey; performers include: Procol Harum; Joni Mitchell; Chicago; Santana; Little Richard; Booker T and the MG's; Sir Douglas Quintet; Janis Joplin; Jefferson Airplane, B.B. King; The Byrds; Creedence Clearwater Revival; Tim Buckley; Hugh Masekela; Dr. John; and The Mothers of Invention; attendance estimated at 110,000
- 1969-08-17 Woodstock Festival closes with Jimi Hendrix / Band of Gypsys as final act (taking the stage at 9AM on the 18th); other performers included Joe Cocker, Country Joe MacDonald & The Fish, The Band, CSN&Y, and Sha Na Na
- 1985-06-21 Glastonbury Festival in Pilton, England opens: Echo & the Bunnyman, Joe Cocker, and The Boomtown Rats headline; other performers include: The Style Council, Ian Dury and The Blockheads, Nick Lowe, Third World, Gregory Isaacs, Hugh Masekela, Clannad, Midnight Oil, Aswad, and The Pogues
- 1998-04-27 Rock for the Rainforest benefit concert held at Carnegie Hall, NYC; performers include: Sting, Elton John, James Taylor, Madonna, Billy Joel, Joe Cocker, Emmylou Harris, Roberta Flack, Wynonna Judd, and Tsidii Leloka