Why Famous: A key figure in the 17th century scientific revolution, he is best known for his laws of planetary motion, based on his works Astronomia nova, Harmonices Mundi, and Epitome of Copernican Astronomy. These works also provided one of the foundations for Isaac Newton's theory of universal gravitation.
- 1571-05-16 Johannes Kepler, by his own calculations, is conceived at 4:37 AM
- 1595-07-19 Astronomer Johannes Kepler has an epiphany and develops his theory of the geometrical basis of the universe
- 1600-02-04 Tycho Brahe & Johannes Kepler meet for first time near Prague
- 1618-05-15 Johannes Kepler discovers harmonics law
- 1620-08-07 Johannes Kepler's mother arrested for witchcraft