Why Famous: One of the most popular acoustic artists of the 1970s and one of its best-selling artists. By 1974, he was firmly established as America's best-selling performer, and AllMusic has described Denver as "among the most beloved entertainers of his era".
Throughout his life, he recorded and released approximately 300 songs, about 200 of which he composed, with total sales of over 33 million.
- 1967-06-06 American pop singer John Denver (23) weds psychotherapist Annie Martell at the Christ Chapel in St. Peter, Minnesota; divorced in 1982
- 1988-08-12 Country singer John Denver (44) weds actress Cassandra Delaney
- 1969-12-14 "Leaving on a Jet Plane" single sung by Peter, Paul and Mary, written by John Denver is No. 1 on US Billboard's Hot Top 100
- 1974-06-15 "Back Home Again" 8th studio album by John Denver is released (Billboard Album of the Year, 1975)
- 1975-02-18 2nd American Music Awards: Olivia Newton-John & John Denver win
- 1975-06-07 "Thank God I'm a Country Boy" by John Denver hits #1
- 1975-10-13 9th Country Music Association Award: John Denver wins
- 1976-01-31 3rd American Music Awards: Olivia Newton-John & John Denver win