Why Famous: In a career spanning over six decades, Williams composed the famously recognizable scores for such films as Schindler's List, Indiana Jones, the Star Wars series, Jurassic Park, and the first three Harry Potter films.
With a slew of Oscar, Grammy, BAFTA, Golden Globe and Saturn awards, "America's composer" is one of the most respected cinematic composers today.
- 1977-05-25 Original "Star Wars" movie (Episode IV – A New Hope), directed by George Lucas and starring Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher and Harrison Ford first released
- 1980-05-21 "Star Wars Episode V - Empire Strikes Back", produced by George Lucas opens in cinemas in UK and North America
- 1983-05-25 "Return of the Jedi" (Star Wars part VI), produced by George Lucas first released
- 1999-05-19 Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace, directed by George Lucas, starring Ewan McGregor, Natalie Portman and Liam Neeson is released in cinemas
- 2002-05-16 "Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones" directed by George Lucas, starring Ewan McGregor, Hayden Christensen and Natalie Portman opens in cinemas
- 2005-05-15 Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith directed by George Lucas, starring Ewan McGregor, Hayden Christensen and Natalie Portman premieres at the Cannes Film Festival
- 2015-12-14 "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" directed by J.J. Abrams and starring Daisy Ridley, John Boyega and Harrison Ford has its world premiere at the TCL Chinese Theatre in Los Angeles
- 2016-01-06 "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" breaks North American box office record, passing the $760.5m taken by "Avatar"
- 2017-12-09 "Star Wars: The Last Jedi" directed by Rian Johnson, starring Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Daisy Ridley, John Boyega and Adam Driver premieres in Los Angeles
- 2017-12-17 "Star Wars: The Last Jedi" takes more than $450m worldwide in its opening weekend, 2nd largest opening in North America ($220m)