Full Name: Frances Ethel Gumm
Why Famous: Described by Fred Astaire as "the greatest entertainer who ever lived" and renowned for her contralto voice, she will always be synonymous with "The Wizard of Oz".
- 1924-12-26 Judy Garland, 2½, billed as Baby Frances, makes her show business debut
- 1939-08-15 "The Wizard of Oz", American musical fantasy film directed by Victor Fleming and King Vidor, premieres at Grauman's Chinese Theatre, Hollywood, starring Judy Garland (Dorothy), Ray Bolger (Scarecrow), Jack Haley (Tin Man), Bert Lahr (Cowardly Lion), Frank Morgan (Wizard), Billie Burke (Glinda), and Margaret Hamilton (Wicked Witch)
- 1943-11-26 Last Judy Garland-Mickey Rooney movie "Girl Crazy" released
- 1954-09-29 "Star is Born" starring Judy Garland & James Mason premieres
- 1955-02-24 12th Golden Globes: "On The Waterfront", Marlon Brando, & Judy Garland win
- 1963-09-29 "Judy Garland Show" debuts on CBS-TV
- 1963-10-06 Barbra Streisand appears on "Judy Garland Show"
- 1965-12-17 Astrodome opens, 1st event is Judy Garland & Supremes concert