Profession: Prime Minister of Canada
Why Famous: Justin Trudeau began his rise to power in 2008 when he was elected the Member of Parliament for Papineau, Montreal.
He was elected as leader of the Liberal Party of Canada in 2013 and proceeded to rebuild the party from one of it's worst election loses in history.
In 2015 Trudeau and his party achieved a stunning come from behind victory over Stephen Harper and his Conservative Party. Over the course of a 78 day campaign, the Liberal part came from third place in the polls to winning an outright majority of the seats in Parliament.
He is the eldest son of long-serving Canadian Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau.
- 2005-05-28 Politician Justin Trudeau (33) weds tv host Sophie Grégoire (30) in a Catholic ceremony at Montreal's Sainte-Madeleine d'Outremont Church
- 2013-04-14 Justin Trudeau, son of long-serving Canadian Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau, is elected leader of the Liberal Party of Canada
- 2015-10-19 Canadian federal elections: Justin Trudeau's Liberal Party win a majority with 184 seats
- 2015-11-04 Justin Trudeau sworn in as Canadian Prime Minister with a cabinet split equally between men and women
- 2019-03-04 Canadian minister Jane Philpott resigns in protest at Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's and the governement's handling of scandal involving bribes from engineering firm SNC-Lavalin
- 2019-06-11 Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announces plan to ban single-use plastics by 2021
- 2019-09-18 Photo of Canadian PM Justin Trudeau wearing brownface in 2001 emerges during Canadian election campiagn
- 2019-10-21 Canadian Federal Election: Justin Trudeau's Liberal Party loses its majority but wins the most seats (157) to form a minority government
- 2020-03-18 US President Donald Trump and Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau agree to close the US-Canada border, the world's longest, to non-essential travel to curb coronavirus COVID-19
- 2020-05-01 Canadian PM Justin Trudeau announces ban on 1,500 types of assault-style weapons in response to recent Nova Scotia shooting