Biography: Consistently regarded as one of the greatest and most controversial artists of the 21st century, West's musical innovation on albums such as The College Dropout, Graduation, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy and Yeezus won him plaudits from music critics and commercial success. With a total of 21 Grammy Awards to his name, he is one of the most awarded artists of all time.
Outside of music, his controversial actions at award ceremonies - in particular his interruption of Taylor Swift at the 2009 MTV Music Awards - and his outspoken nature have generated much negative publicity. His work in fashion and his marriage to reality TV star Kim Kardashian has also been the subject of intense media scrutiny.
- 2014-05-24 Rapper and record producer Kanye West (36) weds model Kim Kardashian (33) at Fort di Belvedere in Florence, Italy
- 2021-02-19 Kim Kardashian West files for divorce from her third husband, Kanye West after almost seven years
- 2001-09-11 Jay-Z releases his album "Blueprint" featuring contributions by Eminem and Kanye West
- 2004-02-10 Kanye West releases his debut album "The College Dropout" (2005 Grammy Best Rap Album)
- 2005-09-01 22nd MTV Video Music Awards: Green Day, Kelly Clarkson and Kanye West win
- 2010-11-22 Def Jam Recordings and Roc-A-Fella Records release American rapper and producer Kanye West's 5th studio album, "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy"
- 2015-06-24 Glastonbury Festival in Pilton, England opens: Kanye West, and The Who headline; other performers include Lionel Richie, Motörhead, Burt Bacharach, The Libertines, and Pharrell Williams
- 2015-08-30 Rap artist Kanye West announces he will run for President in 2020 at the MTV Video Music Awards
- 2018-05-02 Kanye West widely criticized for saying "slavery is a choice" in TMZ interview
- 2018-09-29 Rapper Kanye West announces on Twitter he is changing his name to Ye
- 2020-07-22 Kim Kardashian asks for understanding of her husband Kanye West's struggles with his bipolar disorder on Instagram
- 2021-04-26 Kanye West's Nike Air Yeezy 1 Prototype trainers sell for a record $1.8 million in a private sale at Sotheby's