Profession: Guitarist and Songwriter
Why Famous: Richards co-founded The Rolling Stones with frontman Mick Jagger, one of the most commercially successful and musically influential groups in the history of music.
As a guitarist he has provided numerous iconic riffs, including "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction" in 1965 and various others.
His songwriting partnership with Jagger has produced many songs over the decades; thirteen cowritten between the two appear on Rolling Stone magazine's list of 500 greatest ever songs.
- 1962-03-24 Mick Jagger & Keith Richards perform as Little Boy Blue & Blue Boys
- 1967-02-12 Keith Richards, Mick Jagger & Marianne Faithful busted for drugs
- 1967-05-10 Rolling Stones Keith Richards, Brian Jones & Mick Jagger arrested on drug charges
- 1967-06-29 Keith Richards is sentenced to 1 year in jail on drugs charge
- 1967-07-31 Rolling Stone Mick Jagger and Keith Richards end 1 month jail sentence
- 1971-06-29 Rolling Stones Mick Jagger & Keith Richards sentenced on drug offense
- 1977-02-27 Keith Richards gets suspended sentence for heroin possession, Canada
- 1978-10-24 Keith Richards convicted of heroin possession in Toronto
- 1979-04-22 Mick Jagger & Keith Richards give a benefit concert in Canada