Why Famous: Cricket batsman who played for Australia between 1977 and 1984 and captained the side in 28 Test matches.
- 1979-03-24 1st appearance as Australian cricket captain for Kim Hughes
- 1979-12-05 Ex-World Series Cricket combatants Greg Chappell (124) and Kim Hughes (130no) rescue Australia on last day of the drawn 1st Test v West Indies in Brisbane; WSC players return in this Test
- 1980-09-02 Australian cricket batsman Kim Hughes becomes 3rd player to bat on all 5 days of a Test match as the rain affected Centenary Test peters out to a draw at Lord's; BBC's John Arlott calls his final match
- 1981-01-24 Kim Hughes scores 213 v India at Adelaide
- 1984-11-26 Kim Hughes tearfully resigns as Australian cricket captain