Biography: The American actor had a long career in film and on television but is best remembered for two starring role on the small Screen.
In 1965 he was cast opposite Barbara Eden in the comedy sitcom "I Dream of Jeannie, created by Sidney Sheldon.
In 1978 he took on the role of JR in the TV soap "Dallas" alongside Patrick Duffy and Victoria Principal. This ran until 1991 and became a worldwide phenomenon, culminating in 1980 when Hagman's character was shot by an unknown assailant leading to the program's many fans asking 'Who shot JR?'.
- 1965-09-18 TV sitcom "I Dream of Jeannie", starring Barbara Eden as a 2,000-year-old genie, and Larry Hagman as an astronaut who becomes her master, premieres on NBC
- 1978-04-02 TV show "Dallas" starring Larry Hagman and Barbara Bel Geddes premieres on CBS as a 5 week mini-series; ratings success leads to a 13 year run
- 1980-03-21 On season finale cliffhanger of TV show "Dallas", villain J.R. Ewing is shot by unknown assailant
- 1986-04-09 TV show "Dallas" announces it will revive killed Bobby Ewing character
- 1986-05-16 Bobby Ewing (Patrick Duffy) comes back from the dead on TV show "Dallas"
- 1986-09-26 Bobby (Patrick Duffy) returns to TV show "Dallas", his death is attributed to his wife Pam's bad dream (erases all of last season)
- 1989-05-19 Sue Ellen's (Linda Gray) last appearance on TV show "Dallas"
- 1991-05-03 356th & final episode of CBS second longest running series TV show "Dallas", (2nd only to "Gunsmoke")
- 1995-08-23 Actor Larry Hagman receives a liver transplant