Profession: TV and Radio Host
Why Famous: One of the most recognizable American television and radio hosts, King came to prominence in the 1970s and 80s as an all-night talk show host on radio. Prior to that he worked as a journalist.
From 1985 to 2010 he hosted The Larry King Show on CNN and now hosts Larry King Now on Hulu.
- 1989-10-07 Radio talk show host Larry King (55) weds Julie Alexander (divorced 1992)
- 1997-09-05 TV and radio host Larry King (64) weds singer Shawn Southwick (38) at the hospital room in Los Angeles, California
- 1957-05-01 Larry King's 1st radio broadcast
- 1978-01-30 Mutual Broadcasting Network begins airing Larry King Show on radio
- 1978-04-03 Larry King moves his radio show from Miami to Washington, D.C.
- 1985-06-03 "Larry King Live" debuts on CNN, airing each weeknight through December, 2010
- 1987-02-24 Radio personality Larry King suffers a heart attack
- 1992-02-20 Ross Perot says he'll run for President on "Larry King Live"
- 1994-05-27 Larry King ends his radio show
- 1996-04-06 American actor Marlon Brando makes anti-Semitic remarks about Hollywood on "Larry King Live", stating that the 'Jews control Hollywood'
- 2010-12-16 Final episode of "Larry King Live" airs on CNN
- Larry King, broadcasting giant for half-century, dies at 87 - Associated Press
- Larry King, legendary talk show host, dies at 87 - CNN