Profession: Former Soldier and Assassin
Why Famous: Oswald assassinated John F. Kennedy on November 22, 1963, in Dallas, Texas.
Though there exist numerous conspiracy theories in regards to the killing, Oswald is generally taken to have fired the fatal shots from the sixth floor of the Texas School Book Depository along Kennedy's parade route in Dealey Plaza.
Two days later, Oswald was himself shot dead by Jack Ruby, live on television.
- 1961-04-30 Lee Harvey Oswald marries Marina Prusakova in Minsk USSR
- 1959-10-09 Lee Harvey Oswald arrives in Southampton, England
- 1959-10-10 Lee Harvey Oswald signs guestbook in hotel Helsinki
- 1959-10-31 Lee Harvey Oswald announces in Moscow he will never return to USA
- 1962-06-03 Lee Harvey Oswald arrives by train in Oldenzaal, Netherlands
- 1962-06-04 Lee Harvey Oswald departs Rotterdam on SS Maasdam to US
- 1963-09-26 Lee Harvey Oswald travels on Continental Trailways bus to Mexico
- 1963-09-27 Lee Harvey Oswald visits Cubans consulate in Mexico
- 1963-11-22 US President John F. Kennedy assassinated by Lee Harvey Oswald while riding in an open-topped motorcade in Dallas, Texas
- 1964-03-14 Dallas, Texas; Jack Ruby sentenced to death for Lee Harvey Oswald's murder
- 1964-09-27 Findings of the Warren Commission into the assassination of President John F. Kennedy released, finds Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone