Profession: Golfer and Two-Time PGA Champion
Biography: Prominent professional golfer of the 1920s and early 1930s. In 1928 and 1929 he captured consecutive PGA Championships. He also played on the first four Ryder Cup teams, and is a member of the World Golf Hall of Fame.
- 1920-08-13 US Open Men's Golf, Inverness GC: Isle of Jersey native Ted Ray pars the 18th, giving him a 1-stroke win over runners-up Harry Vardon, Jock Hutchison, Leo Diegel & Jack Burke Sr
- 1926-09-25 PGA Championship Men's Golf, Salisbury GC: Walter Hagen defeats Leo Diegel, 5 & 3 in the final to win his 3rd consecutive PGA C'ship title
- 1928-10-06 PGA Championship Men's Golf, Five Farms CC: Leo Diegel dominates Al Espinosa, 6 & 5 in the final to win the first of his 2 consecutive titles
- 1929-12-07 PGA Championship Men's Golf, Hillcrest CC: Defending champion Leo Diegel defeats Johnny Farrell, 6 & 4 in the final
- 1930-06-20 British Open Men's Golf, Royal Liverpool GC: Bobby Jones wins his 3rd Open title, 2 strokes ahead of Leo Diegel and Macdonald Smith on his way to the single-season Grand Slam