Full Name: Lester Bowles Pearson
Profession: Prime Minister of Canada
Biography: The 14th Prime Minister of Canada, from 1963-1968, and the winner of the Nobel Prize for Peace in 1957 for organizing the United Nations Emergency Force to resolve the Suez Canal Crisis.
- 1925-08-22 Prime Minister of Canada Lester B. Pearson (28) weds teacher Maryon Elspeth Moody (23)
- 1956-11-07 Suez Crisis ends with a ceasefire as the United Nations Emergency Force is established at instigation of Canadian diplomat Lester B. Pearson and UN Secretary-General Dag Hammarskjöld
- 1957-10-20 Lester B. Pearson is the first Canadian to be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for his aid in resolving the Suez Crisis
- 1963-04-22 Lester B. Pearson is sworn in as the 14th Prime Minister of Canada
- 1967-12-14 Prime Minister of Canada, Lester B. Pearson announces that he is retiring from politics, succeeded by Pierre Trudeau