Profession: Chemist & Peace Activist
Biography: Pauling was one of the founders of the fields of quantum chemistry and molecular biology.He is also one of only two people to be awarded Nobel Prizes in different fields.
- 1923-06-17 Chemist Linus Pauling (22) weds Ava Helen Miller
- 1931-04-06 Linus Pauling's seminal chemistry work "The Nature of the Chemical Bond" is published establishing valence bond theory
- 1954-12-10 Linus Pauling wins Nobel Prize in Chemistry for his research into the nature of the chemical bond and its applications
- 1963-10-10 American chemist and anti-nuclear weapons campaigner Linus Pauling wins the Nobel Peace Prize the same day the first nuclear test treaty comes into effect
- 1970-11-18 Linus Pauling declares large doses of Vitamin C could ward off colds
- Linus Pauling - National Library of Medicine