Profession: Romantic Poet
Why Famous: Influential poet and leading figure in the English Romantic movement.
Famously called "mad, bad and dangerous to know".
- 1815-01-02 Leading Romantic poet Lord Byron (27) marries Anne Isabella Milbanke (22) by special licence, at Seaham Hall in County Durham
- 1816-04-16 Leading Romantic poet Lord Byron signs Deed of Separation dissolving his marriage with Lady Byron at her request after 1 year of marriage
- 1810-05-03 English poet Lord Byron swims the Hellespont (modern day Dardanelles)
- 1812-02-07 Poet Lord Byron (6th Baron Byron) makes his maiden speech in House of Lords
- 1814-01-02 Lord Byron completes "The Corsair"
- 1814-02-01 Lord Byron's "Corsair" sells 10,000 copies on day of publication
- 1816-01-22 Lord Byron completes poems "Parisina" and "Siege of Corinth"
- 1816-04-10 Samuel Taylor Coleridge recites his poem "Kubla Khan" to fellow poet Lord Byron, who persuades him to publish it
- 1816-05-09 Lady Caroline Lamb publishes "Genarvon", thinly disguised account of her affair with Lord Byron, also depicting her husband William Lamb
- 1818-01-02 Lord Byron completes "Childe Harold's Pilgrimage" (4th canto)