Why Famous: One of the founders of photography, Daguerre invented the daguerreotype.
For twenty years after its public announcement in 1839, it was the most common photographic process in the world.
- 1839-01-02 1st photo of the Moon (French photographer Louis Daguerre)
- 1839-01-09 Daguerreotype photo process announced at French Academy of Science
- 1839-08-19 Details of Louis Daguerre's 1st practical photographic process are released in Paris
- Daguerre (1787–1851) and the Invention of Photography - The Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Louis Jacques Mande-Daguerre - International Photography Hall of Fame