Profession: King of France
Why Famous: Monarch of the House of Bourbon who ruled as King of France and Navarre from 1814 to 1824 except for a period in 1815 known as the Hundred Days. Spent 23 years in exile, from 1791 to 1814, during the French Revolution and the First French Empire, and again in 1815, during the period of the Hundred Days, upon the return of Napoleon I from Elba.
- 1771-05-14 King of France Louis XVIII weds princess Maria Giuseppina of Savoy at the Palace of Versailles
- 1804-02-23 Conspirators against Napoleon, for restoration of Louis XVIII
- 1814-04-26 King Louis XVIII lands at Calais from England
- 1815-07-09 King Louis XVIII leaves Ghent for France
- 1816-09-05 Louis XVIII has to dissolve the Chambre introuvable ("Unobtainable Chamber").
- 1821-08-19 Failed liberal coup against French King Louis XVIII