Profession: Operatic Tenor
Why Famous: Operatic tenor who also crossed over into popular music, eventually becoming one of the most commercially successful tenors of all time. He made numerous recordings of complete operas and individual arias, gaining worldwide fame for the brilliance and beauty of his tone—especially into the upper register—and eventually established himself as one of the finest tenors of the 20th century.
- 2003-12-13 Italian operatic tenor Luciano Pavarotti (68) weds Nicoletta Mantovani at Modena Italy's Teatro Comunale
- 1963-02-23 Luciano Pavarotti makes his debut at the Vienna State Opera in "La traviata"
- 1965-04-28 Luciano Pavarotti makes his debut at La Scala, Milan in Franco Zeffirelli's production of "La bohème" with Mirella Freni
- 1972-02-17 Italian tenor Luciano Pavarotti receives record 17 curtain calls after his performance in "La fille du régiment" at New York's Metropolitan Opera
- 1990-07-07 First Three Tenors concert featuring Plácido Domingo, José Carreras and Luciano Pavarotti at Baths of Caracalla in Rome - recording of is world's best-selling classical record
- 2004-03-13 Luciano Pavarotti performs in his last opera at New York Metropolitan Opera's "Tosca"
- 2006-02-10 20th Winter Olympic Games open in Turin, Italy, Luciano Pavarotti sings "Nessun dorma" in his last ever performance