Full Name: Mahershalalhashbaz Ali
Biography: Ali first came to prominence with roles in The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (2008) and a recurring role in House of Cards (2013-2019).
Since then he has become the recipient of two Academy Awards for Best Supporting Actor, for his roles in Moonlight (2016) and Green Book (2018). With these awards Ali also became the first Muslim to win an Oscar.
In 2019 he also played the lead role in the third season of the HBO crime drama True Detective.
- 2017-01-08 74th Golden Globes: "Moonlight", Casey Affleck and Isabelle Huppert win
- 2017-02-26 89th Academy Awards: Best Picture "Moonlight" (after mix-up), Best Director Damien Chazelle, Best Actor Casey Affleck, Best Actress Emma Stone
- 2018-09-11 Film "Green Book" directed by Peter Farrell and starring Viggo Mortensen and Mahershala Ali premieres at the Toronto Film Festival (Academy Award Best Picture 2019)
- 2018-09-16 "Green Book" wins People's Choice Award at the Toronto Film Festival
- 2019-01-06 76th Golden Globes: "The Americans", "Bohemian Rhapsody", "Green Book", Glenn Close and Rami Malek among the winners
- 2019-02-24 91st Academy Awards: Best Picture "Green Book", Best Director Alfonso Cuarón, Best Actor Rami Malek, Best Actress Olivia Colman
- 2019-07-21 Marvel announces 10 new superhero films at Comic Con including Blade with Mahershala Ali, Natalie Portman as a female Thor and first Asian American super hero film Shang-Chi