Why Famous: Conducted pioneering research on radioactivity, chemical element radium and polonium in which she won The Nobel Prize in Physics, 1903.
- 1895-07-26 Physicist and chemist Marie Curie (27) weds physicist Pierre Curie (36) in Sceaux, France
- 1898-12-21 French Scientists Pierre and Marie Curie discover radium
- 1903-12-10 Nobel Prize for physics awarded to Pierre and Marie Curie
- 1911-12-31 Marie Curie receives her 2nd Nobel Prize
- "Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less."