Profession: Racing Car Driver
Why Famous: He won the Indianapolis 500, the Daytona 500, the Formula One World Championship and the Pikes Peak Hillclimb.
- 1961-11-25 Racing car driver Mario Andretti (21) weds high school sweetheart Dee Ann Hoch (19)
- 1967-02-26 9th Daytona 500: Mario Andretti wins (146.926 MPH)
- 1969-05-30 Indianapolis 500: Mario Andretti wins in 3:11:14.689 (252.453 km/h)
- 1978-10-08 American Mario Andretti in a Lotus finishes 10th in the season ending Canadian Grand Prix at Île Notre-Dame Circuit, but wins his first World Formula 1 Drivers title by 13 points from Ronnie Peterson
- 1987-05-06 Mario Andretti sets one-lap speed record at Indy at 218.204 MPH
- 1988-05-11 Mario Andretti records fastest Indianapolis 500 lap (221.565 mph)