Why Famous: Martin Crowe was regarded as one of the best batsman of his day, renown for his elegant, classical style of play.
A teenage prodigy, Crowe scored 17 centuries for his country, including a then world record of 299 in 1991 against Sri Lanka.
Crowe also famously captained New Zealand during the 1992 World Cup and was named "man of the series".
- 2009-02-14 Cricketer Martin Crowe (46) weds former Miss Universe Lorraine Downes (44) in an intimate ceremony
- 1982-02-26 Test Cricket debut of batsman Martin Crowe, playing for New Zealand v Australia in Wellington, run out for 9
- 1991-02-04 NZ cricketers Martin Crowe and Andrew Jones make a world record 467 run stand, against Sri Lanka at the Basin Reserve in Wellington
- 1992-03-25 Cricket World Cup, Melbourne (MCG): Imran Khan scores 72 in his final ODI as Pakistan beats England by 22 runs for their first title; Martin Crowe (NZ), Player of Series
- 1995-11-12 Last day of Test cricket for New Zealand batsman Martin Crowe