Profession: Queen of Scotland
Why Famous: Queen regnant of Scotland from 14 December 1542 to 24 July 1567 and queen consort of France from 10 July 1559 to 5 December 1560. She ascended to the throne when her father, King James V, died despite being only 6 days old.
- 1558-04-24 Queen Mary Stuart of Scotland marries French crown prince Francois
- 1542-12-14 Princess Mary Stuart succeeds her father James V and becomes Queen Mary I of Scotland at 6 days old
- 1543-09-09 Mary Stuart, at nine months old, is crowned "Queen of Scots" in the central Scottish town of Stirling
- 1568-10-05 Conference of York begins: trial against Mary Stuart
- 1587-02-01 Queen Elizabeth I of England signs death warrant for her cousin, Mary Stuart, Queen of Scots