Full Name: Joseph Henri Maurice Richard
Profession: Ice Hockey Player
Why Famous: A right-winger for the Montreal Canadians, Maurice "Rocket" Richard played 18 seasons in the NHL and was the first player to score 50 goals in a season and 500 goals in his career. He won one MVP award, was named to 13 All Star teams, and won 8 Stanley Cups.
- 1942-09-17 Ice hockey player Maurice Richard (20) weds Lucille Norchet (17)
- 1944-12-28 Montreal right wing Maurice 'Rocket' Richard becomes first player in NHL history to score 8 points in one game with 5 goals and 3 assists in the Canadiens' 9-1 win over the Detroit Red Wings
- 1945-03-18 Montreal Canadien Maurice "Rocket" Richard becomes the 1st NHLer to score 50 goals
- 1945-12-29 Montreal right wing Maurice Richard scores twice in Canadiens' 5-4 loss to Chicago Black Hawks to record his 100th NHL career goal; reaches mark in 145 games, then fastest in history; since broken by Mike Bossy, 100 goals in 129 games
- 1947-04-19 After scoring 45 goals during the regular season, Maurice Richard is named MVP.
- 1951-01-10 Maurice Richard scores his 16th career hat trick in the Montreal Canadiens' 3-0 win over NY Rangers to bring his career total to 274 goals; passes Howie Morenz as NHL's #2 all-time leading goal scorer
- 1955-03-16 NHL President Clarence Campbell suspends Montreal Canadiens superstar Maurice "Rocket" Richard for the remainder of the season after he viciously attacked an opponent; Riots ensued in Montreal
- 1955-03-17 After Maurice Richard is suspended for the remainder of the season, riots break out in Montreal. 37 people are injured and over 100 are arrested. The following morning, Richard goes on the radio to ask citizens to stop vandalizing the city.
- 1957-10-19 Montreal Canadien Maurice "Rocket" Richard, becomes the 1st NHLer to score 500 goals
- 1958-10-04 12th NHL All-Star Game, Montreal Forum, Montreal, QC: Montreal Canadiens beat All-Stars, 6-3
- 1960-09-15 Maurice Richard announces his retirement. He finishes his career with 544 goals, an NHL record at the time.