Biography: Known for being one of the members of the comedy group Monty Python and for his travel documentaries.
His journeys have taken him across the world, including the North and South Poles, the Sahara Desert, the Himalayas, Eastern Europe and Brazil.
- 1966-04-16 Actor and comedian Michael Palin (22) weds Helen Gibbins
- 1969-05-11 British comedy troupe Monty Python forms, made up of Graham Chapman, John Cleese, Terry Gilliam, Eric Idle, Terry Jones, and Michael Palin
- 1969-05-23 BBC orders 13 episodes of Monty Python's Flying Circus
- 1969-10-05 Monty Python's Flying Circus begins airing on BBC TV
- 1972-10-26 Ringo Starr and singer Lulu appear in non-speaking cameos on "Monty Python's Flying Circus" program
- 1973-01-18 John Cleese's final episode on "Monty Python's Flying Circus" on BBC TV
- 1974-12-05 Final episode of Monty Python's Flying Circus airs on BBC TV
- 1976-04-20 George Harrison sings "The Lumberjack Song" with Monty Python in NYC
- 1978-09-16 Filming begins for "Monty Python's Life of Brian", on location in Monastir, Tunisia
- 1979-08-17 "Monty Python's Life of Brian" directed by Terry Jones, starring Graham Chapman, Mickael Palin, & John Cleese, premieres in US theaters
- 1983-03-31 "Monty Python's The Meaning of Life," is released in the US
- 2002-11-29 "The Concert for George", a benefit memorial to George Harrison held at the Royal Albert Hall, London, features Eric Clapton; Paul McCartney; Ringo Starr; Jeff Lynne; Tom Petty; Joe Brown; Anoushka Shankar; Billy Preston; and members of Monty Python
- 2018-12-28 British New Year's honours list include Knights for author Philip Pullman and comedian Michael Palin, a Dame for Twiggy and a Order of the Companions of Honour for Margaret Atwood