Biography: A musical child prodigy, skilled at both the piano and violin in 18th century Salzburg, Mozart and his older sister Nannerl, also a pianist performed throughout Europe.
Mozart started composing at the age of 4 or 5, finished his first symphony at age 8, and his first opera at 11. In total, he composed over 600 works, including 53 symphonies, dozens of masses and liturgical works, and over 20 operas and lyric theater pieces.
Vienna became his home for the last ten years of his productive, yet short, life.
- 1782-08-04 Musician Wolfang Amadeus Mozart (26) weds Constanze Weber in St. Stephen's Cathedral in Vienna, Austria
- 1767-05-13 Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart's first opera "Apollo et Hyacinthus", written when he was 11 years old, premieres in Salzburg
- 1775-04-23 Opera "Il Ré Pastore" (The Shepherd King) by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart is first produced in Salzburg
- 1781-01-29 Wolfgang Mozart's dramatic opera "Idomeneo" premieres at the Cuvilliés Theatre in Munich, Germany
- 1781-04-08 Premiere of Mozart's violin sonata K379
- 1782-07-16 Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart's opera "Die Entführung aus dem Serail" premieres in Vienna with Mozart conducting
- 1783-11-04 Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart's "Symphony No. 36" premieres in Linz, Austria
- 1784-04-29 Premiere of Mozart's Violin Sonata in B flat, K.454 at Kärntnerthor Theater in Vienna; violinist Regina Strinasacchi, and Wolfgang Mozart on piano
- 1785-01-14 Amadeus Mozart completes his "Dissonanzenquartett / "Dissonance quartet" (opus 10)
- 1785-01-15 Mozart's string quartet opus 10 premieres
- 1785-09-01 Mozart publishes 6th string quartet opus 10 in Vienna
- 1786-05-01 Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart's opera "Marriage of Figaro" premieres in Vienna with Mozart himself directing
- 1787-08-10 Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart completes his chamber piece "Eine kleine Nachtmusik" (A Little Serenade)
- 1787-08-24 Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart completes his violin and piano sonata in A, K526
- 1787-10-29 Opera "Don Giovanni", music by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, libretto by Lorenzo Da Ponte premieres at the National Theater of Bohemia in Prague
- 1790-01-26 Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart's opera "Cosi Fan Tutte" premieres at the Burgtheater in Vienna, Austria
- 1791-09-06 Mozart's opera "La Clemenza di Tito" premieres in Prague
- 1791-09-30 Mozart's opera "Magic Flute", with German libretto by Emanuel Schikaneder, premieres at Schikaneder's Freihaus-Theater auf der Wieden in Vienna, Austria