Profession: Tennis Player
Biography: Japanese tennis player Naomi Osaka is the first Asian player to reach the No. 1 women's world ranking in tennis. Of Japanese and Haitian decent, Osaka was born in Japan but brought up mostly in America.
She is the winner of two grand slam tournaments, the US Open, defeating Serena Williams in 2018 and the Australian Open in 2019.
- 2018-09-08 US Open Women's Tennis: Naomi Osaka first Japanese female to win a Grand Slam singles final; beats Serena Williams in controversial match 6-2, 6-4
- 2019-01-26 Australian Open Women's Tennis: Naomi Osaka becomes world #1 ranked player with 7-6, 5-7, 6-4 win over Petra Kvitová of the Czech Republic; first Japanese player to win Australian singles title
- 2020-09-12 US Open Women's Tennis: Naomi Osaka of Japan wins her second US title; beats Victoria Azarenka of Belarus 1-6, 6-3, 6-3
- 2021-02-20 Australian Open Women's Tennis: Naomi Osaka of Japan wins her 4th major and second Australian title; beats American Jennifer Brady 6-4, 6-3
- 2021-05-31 Naomi Osaka pulls out of the French Open citing her mental health, after refusing to appear at compulsory post match press conferences