Biography: American singer-songwriter with a career that began in the 1960s. His early success came as a songwriter, when his songs "I'm A Believer" and ""A Little Bit Me, a Little Bit You" became hits for the Monkees. Eventually he was able to release his own recordings, and developed a following as a dynamic live performer.
He has sold over 125 million records worldwide, making him one of the world's best-selling artists of all time. He is the third most successful adult contemporary artist on the Billboard charts behind Barbra Streisand and Elton John.
- 2012-04-21 Music legend Neil Diamond (71) weds music manager Katie McNeil (42) at the Beverly Hills Hotel
- 1966-09-10 Neil Diamond has his first Billboard chart success with single "Cherry Cherry"
- 1969-11-30 American singer-songwriter Neil Diamond makes his only appearance on "The Ed Sullivan Show", singing "Sweet Caroline" and "Holly, Holy"
- 1978-12-02 Neil Diamond & Barbra Streisand's "You Don't Bring Me Flowers" hits #1
- 2008-05-05 American/Columbia Records releases "Home Before Dark", the twenty-seventh studio album by Neil Diamond; tops charts in US, UK and NZ
- 2008-06-27 Glastonbury Festival in Pilton, England opens: Kings Of Leon, Jay-Z, and The Verve headline; other performers include Leonard Cohen, Neil Diamond, The Ting-Tings, Sinéad O'Connor, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Joan Baez, Jimmy Cliff, Suzanne Vega, and Crowded House
- 2011-03-14 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees: Alice Cooper Band; Neil Diamond; Dr. John; Darlene Love; Tom Waits; Leon Russell; Jac Holzman; and Art Rupe
- 2018-01-23 Singer Neil Diamond retires from touring abruptly, after being diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease
- 2018-07-27 American singer-songwriter Neil Diamond gives a small thank-you concert to firefighters near his home in Colorado