Full Name: Nelson Piquet Souto Maior
Profession: Auto Racer
Why Famous: Three-time Formula One champion in 1981, 1983 and 1987.
- 1980-10-05 Australian Williams driver Alan Jones wins the United States East Grand Prix to claim his first Formula 1 World Drivers Championship; wins by 13 points from Nelson Piquet of Brazil
- 1981-10-17 Brazilian Nelson Piquet driving for Brabham finishes 5th in the season ending Caesars Palace Grand Prix in Las Vegas to clinch his first Formula 1 World Drivers Championship by 1 point from Carlos Reutemann
- 1983-10-15 Nelson Piquet of Brazil finishes 3rd in the season ending South African Grand Prix at Kyalami to clinch his second Formula 1 World Drivers Championship; wins by 2 points from Alain Prost
- 1987-11-01 Brazilian Williams driver Nelson Piquet finishes 15th in the Japanese Grand Prix at Suzuka but clinches his 3rd Formula 1 World Drivers Championship
- 1987-11-15 Brazilian Williams driver Nelson Piquet retires from Australian Grand Prix at Adelaide with break trouble but wins his 3rd Formula 1 World Drivers Championship by 12 points from Nigel Mansell