Why Famous: Niels Bohr was a Danish physicist who specialised in Atomic theory and Complementarity (quantum mechanics). He won the Nobel Prize in 1922.
Bohr established the Institute of Theoretical Physics at the University of Copenhagen then escaped the Nazis in 1943. Bohr worked on The Manhattan Project for the British and was one of the founders of CERN.
- 1912-08-01 Physicist Niels Bohr (26) weds Margrethe Norlund at a civil ceremony in Slagelse, Denmark
- 1922-12-10 Danish physicist Niels Bohr awarded the Nobel Prize for Physics, for work on the structure of atoms, at a ceremony in Copehagen
- 1941-09-17 Famous meeting between Danish physicist Niels Bohr and German head of nuclear energy project Werner Heisenberg in Copenhagen to discuss nuclear weapons (date approximate)
- "No, no, you're not thinking, you're just being logical."
- "A physicist is just an atom's way of looking at itself."