Profession: German Statesman
Why Famous: Unified most of the German states into a powerful German Empire under Prussian leadership and became the first chancellor of a united Germany.
- 1847-07-28 Chancellor Otto Von Bismarck (32) weds noblewoman Johanna von Puttkamer (23) in Kolczyglowy, Poland
- 1862-09-30 Prussia Minister President Otto von Bismarck's delivers his "Blood & Iron" speech
- 1862-10-08 Otto von Bismarck becomes Chancellor of the German Empire
- 1865-04-15 Otto von Bismarck elevated to rank of Count of Bismarck-Schönhausen
- 1866-05-07 German premier Otto von Bismarck seriously wounded in assassination attempt
- 1870-07-13 King Wilhelm of Prussia sends "Emser Depeche" on Bismarck
- 1871-01-18 Second German Empire proclaimed by Kaiser Wilhelm I and Otto von Bismarck
- 1871-03-21 Otto von Bismarck elevated to rank of Fürst (Prince)
- 1878-10-21 German republic chancellor Bismarck delegates end of "Socialism"
- 1885-02-17 Bismarck gives Carl Peters' firm management of East-Africa
- 1885-05-19 German Chancellor Otto von Bismarck takes possession of Cameroon and Togoland
- 1890-03-15 German Chancellor Otto von Bismarck is dismissed
- 1890-03-20 German Emperor Wilhelm II fires chancellor Otto Von Bismarck
- 1890-05-24 Caprivi succeeds Bismarck as Chancellor of Germany