Full Name: Neftali Ricardo Reyes Basoalto
Biography: Famous poet who wrote in a variety of styles including surrealist poems, historical epics, overtly political manifestos, a prose autobiography, and erotically-charged love poems such as the ones in his 1924 collection "Twenty Love Poems and a Song of Despair".
He often wrote in green ink, which was his personal symbol for desire and hope, and in 1971 won the Nobel Prize for Literature.
- 1930-12-06 Pablo Neruda marries Marie A Hagenaar Vogelzang in Batavia
- 1957-04-11 Pablo Neruda arrested in Buenos Aires
- 1967-07-20 Chilean poet and diplomat Pablo Neruda receives 1st Viareggio-Versilia Prize, recognizing “world personalities who work for culture and understanding between peoples”
- 1971-10-21 Nobel prize for literature awarded to Pablo Neruda
- "You can cut all the flowers but you cannot keep spring from coming."