Why Famous: Pattie Boyd was a successful English model when she married Beatles member George Harrison in 1966.
She later divorced the musician to marry his friend and fellow musician Eric Clapton in 1979. Boyd was a muse to both men and inspired a number of well known songs including Harrison's "Something" and Clapton's "Layla" and "Wonderful Tonight".
Boyd divorced Clapton in 1989 and later remarried. In 2007 she published her well received autobiography "Wonderful Today".
- 1966-01-21 Beatle George Harrison marries model Pattie Boyd
- 1979-05-19 British guitarist Eric Clapton (34) marries model and George Harrison's ex-wife Pattie Boyd (35); divorce in 1989
- 1964-03-02 Beatles begin filming "A Hard Day's Night", George Harrison meets Pattie Boyd
- 1964-12-25 George Harrison's girlfriend Pattie Boyd attacked by female Beatle fans
- 1969-03-31 George Harrison and Pattie Boyd are fined £250 each for illegal drugs