Profession: American Patriot
Why Famous: Famous for alerting the Colonial militia to the approach of British forces before the battles of Lexington and Concord, as dramatized in Henry Wadsworth Longfellow's poem, "Paul Revere's Ride."
- 1757-08-04 American revolution patriot Paul Revere (22) weds Sarah Orne in Bridgewater, Massachusetts
- 1773-10-10 American revolution patriot Paul Revere (38) weds Rachel Walker in Boston, Massachusetts
- 1774-12-13 Paul Revere and Wentworth Cheswell ride to warn Portsmouth of the approach of British warships
- 1775-04-18 Paul Revere and William Dawes ride from Charlestown to Lexington warning the "regulars are coming!"
- 1775-04-19 Paul Revere, William Dawes and Samuel Prescott are captured by British troops riding from Lexington to Concord, Prescott escapes to warn Concord