Profession: General and 10th President of Pakistan
Why Famous: Seized power in a bloodless coup in 1999 and later was elected President of Pakistan, ruling between 2001 and 2008.
- 1999-10-12 Pervez Musharraf takes power in Pakistan from Nawaz Sharif through a bloodless coup
- 2002-04-30 A referendum in Pakistan overwhelmingly approves the Presidency of Pervez Musharraf for another five years
- 2004-01-01 In a vote of confidence, Pakistan General Pervez Musharraf wins 658 out of 1,170 votes in the Electoral College and is "deemed to be elected" as President according to Pakistan Constitution (Article 41(8))
- 2007-09-18 Pervez Musharraf announces that he will step down as army chief and restore civilian rule to Pakistan, but only after he is re-elected president
- 2007-11-03 Pervez Musharraf declares emergency rule across Pakistan, suspends the Constitution, imposes a State of Emergency and fires the chief justice of the Supreme Court
- 2019-12-17 Former Pakistan President Pervez Musharraf sentenced to death in absentia for high treason