Full Name: Phillip Jason "Phil" Everly
Why Famous: Phil was one half of the Everly Brothers, along with brother Don Everly, a rock-and-roll harmony group that gained success in the 1950s and 1960s. He would sing the tenor part of their harmony, while Don sang the baritone.
Songs such as "Bye Bye Love" and "Wake Up Little Susie," "All I Have to Do Is Dream," "Bird Dog," and "Problems" had significant success.
- 1957-10-14 Everly Brothers' "Wake Up Little Susie" reaches #1
- 1959-12-15 Everly Brothers record "Let It Be Me"
- 1960-05-29 Everly Brothers "Cathy's Clown" hits #1
- 1963-09-29 Rolling Stones 1st tour (opening act for Bo Diddley & Everly Bros)
- 1963-10-05 Little Richard joins Everly Brothers Tour
- 1973-07-14 Phil Everly storms off stage declaring an end to Everly Brothers
- 1983-09-22 Everly Brothers reunite after 10 years (Royal Albert Hall, London))
- 1986-01-23 1st induction of Rock 'N' Roll Hall of Fame (Chuck Berry, James Brown, Ray Charles, Domino, Everly Bros, Buddy Holly, J L Lewis & Elvis Presley)
- Phil Everly, Everly Brothers Vocal Legend, Dead at 74 - Rolling Stone