Full Name: Joseph Philippe Pierre Yves Elliott Trudeau
Profession: Prime Minister of Canada
Why Famous: As head of the Liberal Party, he was Prime Minister of Canada twice, from 1968-1979 and from 1980-1984.
A charismatic leader, he inspired "Trudeaumania" in the late 1960s.
- 1971-03-04 Prime Minister of Canada Pierre Trudeau (51) weds author/actress Margaret Joan Sinclair (23) at a private ceremony in North Vancouver, Canada
- 1984-04-02 Canadian Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau (64) divorces Margaret Sinclair née Sinclair (35) due to irreconcilable differences after 13 years of marriage
- 1968-04-20 Pierre Trudeau sworn in as Canada's 15th Prime Minister
- 1970-10-16 Pierre Trudeau invokes the War Measures Act as a response to the October Crisis, the only peacetime use of the War Measures Act in Canadian history.
- 1974-05-08 Canadian government of Pierre Trudeau falls
- 1974-07-09 Pierre Trudeau's Liberal Party wins Canadian parliamentary election
- 1979-05-22 Canadians elect conservatives, Joseph Clark replaces Pierre Trudeau as the 16th Prime Minister of Canada
- 1980-03-03 Pierre Trudeau sworn in, for the second time, as the 17th Prime Minister of Canada
- 1982-04-17 Proclamation of the Constitution Act by Canadian Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau
- 1984-02-29 Pierre Trudeau announces he is stepping down after 15 years as Canadian Prime Minister
- 1984-06-17 John Turner succeeds Pierre Trudeau as Prime Minister of Canada
- 1984-06-30 Pierre Trudeau officially steps down as Prime Minister of Canada after serving two separate terms for a total of 15 years