Why Famous: Captured a Spanish treasure fleet in 1628 with 4,000,000 ducats of gold and silver. An amount so large it increased the price of silver worldwide and almost bankrupted the Spanish Empire.
- 1624-05-10 Dutch admirals Jacob Willekens and Piet Heyn conquer Salvador da Bahia (Brazil)
- 1627-03-03 Dutch privateer Piet Heyn attacks and conquers 22 Portuguese ships in Bay of Salvador, Brazil
- 1627-06-10 Dutch privateer Piet Heyn attacks Portuguese ships in the Bay of All Saints, Brazil
- 1628-09-08 Dutch privateer Piet Heyn captures Spanish silver fleet in the Bay of Matanzas, Cuba
- 1629-06-18 Sea battle at Dungeness: Piet Heyn beats the Dunkirkers, commerce raiders in the service of the Spanish Monarchy
- Piet Heyn - Rijks Museum