Why Famous: First won attention for her role in "Fantastic Voyage", after which she won a contract with 20th Century-Fox, but is perhaps most recognized for her role in "One Million Years B.C.". Although she had only three lines in the film, the doe-skin bikini she wore became a best-selling poster that turned her into an iconic sex symbol and catapulted her to stardom.
- 1959-05-08 Actress Raquel Welch (18) weds high school sweetheart James Welch
- 1967-02-14 Actress Raquel Welch (26) weds director Patrick Curtis in Paris
- 1980-07-05 Actress Raquel Welch (39) weds producer André Weinfeld
- 1999-07-17 Actress Raquel Welch (58) weds Richard Palmer in Beverly Hills, California
- 1966-11-24 The cult classic "One Million Years B.C.", starring Raquel Welch, is released 1st in West Germany