Why Famous: Robbie Williams began his career as a member of the British boy band Take That, but found even greater commercial success as a solo artist.
Williams was 16 years old when he joined Take That in 1989 and stayed until 1995. Williams went on to rejoin the band 2010-2014.
Williams has sold more than 77 million albums and singles worldwide, and is the best-selling British solo artist in the United Kingdom and the best selling non-Latino artist in Latin America.
- 2010-08-07 British pop star Robbie Williams (36) weds actress Ayda Field (31) in an intimate ceremony at a Beverly Hills mansion
- 1995-03-27 "Back for Good" single released by British boy Band Take That, reaches No. 1 in 31 countries
- 1996-02-13 British boy band Take That officially announce that they are disbanding, prompting UK government to set up counselling phone lines
- 1997-09-29 Robbie Williams releases his first solo album "Life thru a Lens" features single "Angels"
- 2015-07-15 Robbie Williams announces he is returning to boy band Take That
- 2018-06-14 21st FIFA World Cup opens at the Luzhniki Stadium in Moscow, Russia with British singer Robbie Williams and Russian soprano Aida Garifullina performing