Why Famous: Best known for wide variety of films like The Avengers and Iron Man 3 which grossed over $500 million at the box office worldwide.
- 1992-05-29 Actor Robert Downey Jr (27) weds actress and singer Deborah Falconer (26)
- 2004-04-26 Model-actress Deborah Falconer (38) divorces actor Robert Downey Jr (39) due to irreconcilable differences after 12 years of marriage
- 2005-08-27 Actor Robert Downey Jr (40) weds producer Susan Levin (31) at the Windy Dune Estat in Amagansett, New York
- 2008-05-02 The critically acclaimed "Iron Man" film starring Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark, is released
- 2010-04-26 "Iron Man 2", directed by Jon Favreau, starring Robert Downey Jr. and Gwyneth Paltrow, premieres in Los Angeles
- 2012-04-11 "The Avengers", directed by Joss Whedon and starring Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlet Johansson, Mark Ruffalo and Jeremy Renner, premieres in Los Angeles
- 2013-04-18 "Iron Man 3", directed by Shane Black, starring Robert Downey Jr. and Gwyneth Paltrow, premieres in London
- 2015-04-13 "Avengers: Age of Ultron", directed by Joss Whedon, starring Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson, Mark Ruffalo and Jeremy Renner, premieres in Los Angeles
- 2015-08-04 Robert Downey Jr. named the world's highest paid actor by Forbes Magazine (earning $80 mil). 4 non-Hollywood actors make the top 10.
- 2017-06-28 "Spider-man: Homecoming" directed by Jon Watts starring Tom Holland, Michael Keaton and Robert Downey Jr. premieres in Los Angeles