Full Name: Robert Francis "Bobby" Kennedy
Profession: US Attorney General
Biography: Served as a Senator for New York from 1965 until his assassination in 1968. He was previously the 64th U.S. Attorney General from 1961 to 1964, serving under his older brother, President John F. Kennedy and his successor, President Lyndon B. Johnson.
An icon of modern American liberalism and member of the Democratic Party, he was a leading candidate for the Democratic presidential nomination in the 1968 election.
- 1950-06-17 US Attorney General Robert F. Kennedy (24) weds Ethel Skakel (22) at St. Mary's Roman Catholic Church in Greenwich, Connecticut
- 1962-02-25 Robert F. Kennedy visits Netherlands
- 1964-09-03 US attorney general Robert F. Kennedy resigns
- 1968-03-16 Robert F. Kennedy announces presidential campaign
- 1968-06-05 Palestinian Sirhan Sirhan assassinates Robert F. Kennedy, shooting him 3 times and wounding 5 others at the Ambassador Hotel in Los Angeles, California. Kennedy dies the next day.
- 1968-06-06 Senator Robert F. Kennedy dies from his wounds after he was shot the previous night
- 1968-06-07 Sirhan Sirhan indicted for the assassination of US Senator Robert F. Kennedy
- 1968-06-07 The body of assassinated US Senator Robert F. Kennedy lies in state at St. Patrick's Cathedral, New York
- 1968-06-08 The body of assassinated U.S. Senator Robert F. Kennedy is laid to rest at Arlington National Cemetery
- 1968-06-10 AL games at Baltimore & Chicago postponed honoring Robert F. Kennedy
- 1969-04-17 Sirhan Sirhan is convicted of assassinating US Senator Robert F. Kennedy
- 1969-04-23 Sirhan Sirhan sentenced to death for killing US Senator Robert F. Kennedy (later commuted to a life sentence)
- 1969-05-21 Robert F. Kennedy's murderer Sirhan Sirhan sentenced to death, later commuted to life imprisonment
- 2001-11-20 US President George W. Bush dedicates the US Department of Justice headquarters the Robert F. Kennedy Justice Building, on what would have been his 76th birthday
- 2022-01-13 California Governor Gavin Newsom blocks Robert F. Kennedy's assassin Sirhan Sirhan's release on parole after 53 years in jail
- Gov. Gavin Newsom rejects parole for Sirhan Sirhan, convicted of killing Robert F. Kennedy - Los Angeles Times