Profession: MLB Pitching Legend
Why Famous: Played 24 seasons in the MLB for four teams and was one of the most dominant pitchers in MLB history, tallying 354 wins, a 3.12 ERA, and 4,672 strikeouts, the third-most all time.
Clemens also won seven Cy Young Awards during his career, the most of any pitcher in MLB history.
- 1984-11-24 MLB pitcher Roger Clemens (22) weds Debra Lynn Godfrey
- 1984-05-20 Boston's Roger Clemens beats Twins, 5-4, for his 1st victory
- 1986-04-29 Boston Red Sox Roger Clemens strikes out 20 Seattle Mariners
- 1986-07-02 Boston Red Sox pitcher Roger Clemens (14-0) suffers his 1st loss (4-2 v Toronto), one win short of AL record for consecutive wins to start season
- 1986-07-15 All star MVP: Roger Clemens (Boston Red Sox)
- 1986-11-12 Roger Clemens wins AL Cy Young Award unanimously
- 1986-11-18 Roger Clemens wins AL MVP
- 1987-11-11 Boston Red Sox starter Roger Clemens wins back-to-back AL Cy Young Awards; Philadelphia Phillies starter Steve Bedrosian takes NL Award
- 1989-02-16 Red Sox pitcher Roger Clemens signs $7.5M-3 year contract
- 1991-02-08 Roger Clemens signs record $5,380,250 per year Red Sox contract
- 1991-11-13 Boston Red Sox Roger Clemens wins AL Cy Young Award
- 1993-08-11 Red Sox Roger Clemens pitches 2,000th strike out (Danny Tartabul-NY)
- 1996-09-18 Roger Clemens ties his own major league record with 20 strikeouts
- 1996-12-13 Free agent Roger Clemens signs with Toronto Blue Jays
- 1997-05-21 Blue Jays pitcher Roger Clemens beats the Yankees for his 200th win
- 1997-11-11 Canadian based players win Cy Young Awards for best MLB pitcher; Toronto Blue Jays' Roger Clemens wins his 4th AL Award; Pedro Martinez of Montreal Expos takes NL Award
- 1998-05-06 Kerry Wood strikes out 20 Houston Astros to tie the major league record held by Roger Clemens. He threw a one-hitter and did not walk a batter in his 5th career start.
- 1998-07-05 Toronto Blue Jays pitcher Roger Clemens collects his 3,000th career strikeout in 2-1 win vs Tampa Bay (11th to achieve milestone)
- 2001-04-02 New York Yankees pitcher Roger Clemens becomes American League all-time strikeout leader, recording his 3,509th K in a 7-3 victory over the Kansas City Royals; Walter Johnson previous record 3,508 Ks
- 2007-12-13 The Mitchell Report is publicly released listing the names of 89 Major League Baseball players that have presumably used anabolic steroids and human growth hormones. Notable players named include Roger Clemens and Miguel Tejada.