Why Famous: Roger Moore's most famous role was that of James Bond, and he is credited with bringing a lighter style to the character. In total Moore made 7 James Bond films, from "Live and Let Die"
in 1973 to "A View to a Kill" in 1985.
Moore rose to stardom playing Simon Templar in the British television show "The Saint", where he developed his suave persona. The show ran 1962-1969.
Moore became a goodwill ambassador for Unicef in 1991. He was knighted for his humanitarian work in 2003.
- 1953-07-06 "James Bond" actor Roger Moore (25) weds Welsh singer Dorothy Squires (38) in Jersey City
- 1973-06-27 "Live & Let Die", 8th James Bond Film, 1st to star Roger Moore, also starring Jane Seymour, 1st released in the US
- 1974-12-19 "The Man with the Golden Gun", 9th James Bond film, starring Roger Moore, Britt Ekland and Christopher Lee, premieres in London
- 1977-07-07 "The Spy Who Loved Me", 10th James Bond film starring Roger Moore and Barbara Bach, premieres in London
- 1979-06-26 "Moonraker", 11th James Bond film starring Roger Moore, premieres in London
- 1981-06-24 "For Your Eyes Only", 12th James Bond, starring Roger Moore and 1st drected by John Glen premieres in London
- 1983-06-06 "Octopussy", 13th James Bond film, starring Roger Moore, Maud Adams and Louis Jourdan premieres in London
- 1985-05-22 "A View to a Kill", 14th James Bond film, last to star Roger Moore, also starring Grace Jones and Christopher Walken, premieres in San Francisco
- 1993-11-02 Actor Roger Moore (James Bond) has his enlarged prostate removed