Why Famous: One of the top golfers in the world for almost four decades.
- 1940-08-12 PGA golfer Sam Snead (28) weds high school sweetheart Audrey Karnes
- 1940-09-02 PGA Championship, Hershey CC: Byron Nelson wins his first PGA C'ship, beating Sam Snead 1 up in the Monday 36-hole final
- 1942-05-31 PGA Championship, Seaview CC: Sam Snead beats Jim Turnesa 2 & 1 for his first PGA Tour major title
- 1946-07-05 British Open Golf, St Andrews: In first post-WWII Championship, Sam Snead wins his only Open title, 4 strokes clear of runners-up Johnny Bulla & Bobby Locke
- 1949-04-10 US Masters Golf, Augusta: Sam Snead wins his first of 3 green jackets with a 3 stroke win over Johnny Bulla and Lloyd Mangrum
- 1949-05-31 PGA Championship, Hermitage CC: Sam Snead beats fellow American Johnny Palmer 3 & 2; first time reigning Masters champion wins PGA Championship in the same calendar year.
- 1951-07-03 PGA Championship, Oakmont GC: Sam Snead beats Walter Burkemo 7 & 6 for his 3rd PGA Championship title
- 1951-11-04 Ryder Cup Golf, Pinehurst Resort: US wins 9½-2½; Sam Snead playing captain for US; Arthur Lacey non-playing GB skipper
- 1952-02-24 Betty MacKinnon and Sam Snead win the LPGA Orlando Mixed Golf Tournament
- 1952-04-06 US Masters Golf, Augusta: Sam Snead wins his second green jacket by 4 strokes over Jack Burke, Jr.
- 1954-04-12 US Masters Golf, Augusta: Sam Snead wins his third and final Masters by 1 in an 18-hole playoff with Ben Hogan
- 1959-05-17 Sam Snead sets PGA record for 36 holes at 122
- 1959-11-07 Ryder Cup Golf, Eldorado GC: Sam Snead leads US to comprehensive 8½-3½ win
- 1964-12-13 Sam Snead and Shirley Englehorn win JCPenney Classic Haig & Haig Scotch Mixed Foursome golf tournament
- 1979-08-03 Sam Snead, at 67 years, 2 months and 7 days sets the record for the oldest player to make the cut in a major - PGA Championship at Oakland Hills CC