Profession: Poet, Critic, and Philosopher
Why Famous: Founder member of the Romantic Movement in England and a member of the Lake Poets.
Best known for his poems "The Rime of the Ancient Mariner", "Christabel" and "Kubla Khan".
- 1795-10-04 Poet Samuel Taylor Coleridge (22) weds Sara Fricker in Bristol, England
- 1795-09-15 "Lyrical Ballads" published by Samuel Taylor Coleridge and William Wordsworth - 1st work of English Romantic movement (probable date)
- 1816-04-10 Samuel Taylor Coleridge recites his poem "Kubla Khan" to fellow poet Lord Byron, who persuades him to publish it
- 1816-05-25 Collection of poems by Samuel Taylor Coleridge published by John Murray in London, including "Kubla Khan" and "Christabel"
- "If you would stand well with a great mind, leave him with a favourable impression of yourself; if with a little mind, leave him with a favourable impression of himself."