Profession: Figure Skater and Actress
Biography: Won figure skating Olympic gold medals in 1928, 1932 and 1936.
Later became an actress and starred in the film "My Lucky Star".
Born: April 8, 1912
Birthplace: Oslo, Norway
Generation: Greatest Generation
Chinese Zodiac: Rat
Star Sign: Aries
Died: October 12, 1969 (aged 57)
Cause of Death: Leukemia
- 1949-09-15 Figure skater and actress Sonja Henie (36) weds Winthrop Gardner Jr.
- 1956-06-06 Three-time Olympic Champion figure skater Sonja Henie (44) weds Norwegian shipping magnate and art patron Niels Onstad (47)
- 1928-02-18 Sonja Henie of Norway wins the women’s figure skating gold medal at the St. Moritz Winter Olympic Games; her first of 3 consecutive titles in the event
- 1932-02-12 Sonja Henie of Norway wins her 2nd of 3 consecutive Olympic gold medals in women’s figure skating at the Lake Placid Winter Games; beats Austria’s Fritzi Burger into 2nd place for 2nd straight Games
- 1932-02-18 Sonja Henie wins her 6th straight World Women's figure skating title
- 1936-02-15 Sonja Henie of Norway becomes the most successful Olympic figure skater ever by winning her 3rd consecutive gold medal at the Garmisch-Partenkirchen Winter Games; beats Cecilia College of Great Britain by 6.4 points
- 1936-02-22 Sonja Henie of Norway follows up her Winter Olympics victory with an incredible 10th consecutive women’s World Championship figure skating gold medal in Paris, France
- 1941-03-24 Glenn Miller begins work on his 1st movie "Sun Valley Serenade", starring Sonja Henie and John Payne, for 20th Century Fox