Why Famous: Hawking radiation (black holes), Singularity theorems, A Brief History of Time
- 1995-09-16 Theoretical physicist Stephen Hawking (53) weds nurse Elaine Mason
- 1989-02-22 UK physicist Stephen Hawking calls the proposed missile defense system known as Star Wars a "deliberate fraud"
- 2012-12-11 British physicist, Stephen Hawking, wins the $3 million Fundamental Physics Prize, the most lucrative academic prize in the world
- 2014-12-02 Stephen Hawking claims that Artificial Intelligence could be a "threat to mankind" and spell the end of the human race
- 2015-08-24 Physicist Stephen Hawking presents a new theory on black holes at a lecture at the KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm
- 2016-04-12 Breakthrough Starshot: Scientists and internet entrepreneurs, including Yuri Milner, Stephen Hawking and Mark Zuckerberg, announce interstellar project to send robot spacecraft to Alpha Centauri
- 2018-06-15 Physicist Stephen Hawking's ashes are interred in Westminster Abbey, London, between the remains of Isaac Newton and Charles Darwin